All eyes are on the spreading COVID-19 virus (coronavirus), and distributors have an especially important task in managing the challenges that arise from the global health crisis. We’ve compiled this resource guide with up-to-date coverage on safety precautions, HR compliance, economics data, and all else that can help serve you and your branches during the outbreak.
Have critical employees that need authorization to travel under a Stay-at-Home order?
SBA’S PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM LOAN
The Small Business Administration is offering loans to businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses can apply for the Paycheck Protection Program beginning April 3 through local lenders and the Economic Injury Disaster Loans at any time on the SBA website.
Be sure your bank is using the latest SBA PPP Application Form.
- MARKET INTELLIGENCE | Economic Outlook April 2020Imagine you are driving down the highway on a pretty day, listening to Jason Bader interview a HARDI member on his Distribution Talk podcast. Everything is fine but then something terrible happens. You have had an accident and are off the road, still in your car but badly hurt. Your… READ MORE →
- Indoor Air Quality Products Take Center StageAs humans around the world grapple with the fallout caused by the coronavirus pandemic, there is a renewed focus on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). With this comes an increase in customer interest in products related to the air in their homes or buildings. Take a minute to learn about some… READ MORE →
- UnleashWD: What’s Government Doing To (or for) Wholesale Distribution and How Our Economic Outlook Is Shaping UpIn an effort to continue to try and provide our members with resources that are easy to consume, and relevant to their own businesses, we are taking some information that has been developed and trying to “pare it down” as much as possible so you can easily find the identified… READ MORE →
Federal Resources for Businesses Affected by COVID-19
By Tim Fisher
UnleashWD: The Economic Impact of the Coronavirus Crisis
By Tim Fisher
Industry Insights COVID-19 Survey: Key Findings
By Sarah Jilbert, Brian Loftus & Tim Fisher
Your Economy and COVID-19
By Brian Loftus
Voice of Contractor Episode 1: Interview with ACCA and PHCC National CEO’s
Talbot Gee sat down with the leaders of ACCA and PHCC to discuss how COVID19 is affecting HVACR and plumbing contractors, and what distributors can do to help them navigate this uncertain time.
This is the first of a series dedicated to hearing directly from various contractor groups in the industry. We seek to learn how they’re doing throughout this crisis, and how well their distributors are meeting their needs. Hopefully, we’ll also uncover some innovative ways contractors are finding ways to survive and succeed despite this uncertainty.
The Effects of COVID-19 on the US Economy with The Sage Policy Group
Mr. Anirban Basu of The Sage Policy Group prepared an informative discussion to help us understand what we can anticipate for the balance of the year.
COVID-19’s Impact on HVAC Supply and Demand
Tim Fisher, HARDI’s Team Leader of Market Intelligence, discusses possible impacts we may see in the HVAC market.
Make sure your contractor customers have the protection they need going into homes.
We have partnered with ISSA to connect you with their Distributor Members who provide cleaning and PPE solutions.
By Nick Benton
By Sarah Jilbert
By Syretta Williams
Learn how to handle daily branch operations while combating COVID-19
Working Remotely & PTO
Learn best practices for employees working remotely and using PTO
Sick Employees & Proper Cleaning
Learn what to do if one of your employees tests positive for COVID-19
FFCRA REGULATIONS: DEFINITIONS AND DESCRIPTIONS
FOR ALL COVERED EMPLOYERS
- Definition of Covered Employers
- Determining my number of employees
- Determining an affected employee’s hours worked and wage
- “Stay at Home” and “Shelter in Place” orders and these regulations
- What an employee must do to be eligible for paid leave
- Employers’ responsibility regarding FFCRA compliance poster
- What we know today about tax relief and credits available to employers
Misc Workplace Concerns
More updates about COVID-19 and HR compliance
Learn best practices for handling FMLA during the outbreak
By Chris DeBoer
What constitutes an “essential vs. non-essential” business?
We know from already released guidance from various shelter-in-place orders that governments are supporting HVACR as essential. The HVACR industry cosigned this letter calling for technicians and engineers (and by association wholesalers that supply them) to be essential. See our blog post for further details from Director of Government Affairs, Alex Ayers. We will continue to update the blog post as we get more information.
You may also provide a ‘Critical Industry Employee Authorization to Travel’ letter (template) to your employees.
Keep track of state-by-state policies with this policy tracker.