Due to the circumstances surrounding the Coronavirus, we have canceled our 2020 Congressional Fly-in.
A refund will be issued to those that have already registered for the event.
May 25-26, 2021
We brief you on the policies that matter. We arrange the meetings with your representatives. The only thing you need to do is come to D.C. willing to get face-to-face with your representatives to affect policy and make a real difference. Don’t miss the opportunity to:
- Use your status as a business leader within your community to influence policy
- Educate members of Congress on your business and key issues affecting our industry
- Participate in our government and learn more about policy
- Develop relationships with elected officials and other HARDI members
- Share your insight and perspective to colleagues and HARDI leadership
YOTEL Washington DC
415 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
12:00 PM Registration Opens
2:00 PM Orientation & Issues Briefing
6:00 PM Reception
8:00 AM Breakfast & Program
10:00 AM Meetings on the Hill
11:00 AM Lunch Break
4:30 PM Debriefing & Wrap-up
*This agenda is a preliminary schedule and is subject to change.
Congressman Mike Kelly
Congresswoman Elise Stefanik
President of the S-Corp Association
With the 2020 Election on the horizon, now is a great time to speak with your current representatives.
Issues of Importance:
Phasedown of HFC Refrigerants
• The HVACR industry needs Congress to pass HFC phasedown authorizing legislation in order for the industry to move to new refrigerants.
• The technology transition to new refrigerants will create 33,000 new U.S. manufacturing jobs, add $12.5 billion per year to the U.S. economy.
• Without Congressional action, states will create a patchwork of regulations that make it harder for distributors to operate.
Tax Cut Permanence
• The qualified business income deduction passed as part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act expires on December 31, 2025.
• The Main Street Certainty Act would make the qualified business income deduction permanent.
• The Restoring Investments in Improvements Act would fix a drafting error in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that prevents businesses from utilizing Qualified Improvement Property to expense improvements to commercial buildings.
Special Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs
Public Liaison for the Department of Labor
Acting Director of Wage and Hour Division
Office of the Senate Majority Leader
Republican candidate for Senate from Michigan
& family business owner of a distribution company
Previous Small Business
HARDI awards members of Congress for their efforts to protect small businesses and advance policies important to HARDI members. Small Business Champion Awards are meant to thank Members of Congress for their hard work to protect businesses and employees from over-regulation and increased taxation.
Senator Mike Braun (IN)
Senator Josh Hawley (MO)
Congressman Jim Banks (IN)
Congressman Lou Barletta (PA)
Congressman Peter Roskam (IL)
Senator Todd Young (IN)
Congressman Jason Smith (MO)
Senator Warren Davidson (OH)
Congressman Kevin Brady (TX)
Senator Cory Gardner (CO)
Congressman Pat Tiberi (OH)
Senator Tim Scott (SC)
Congresswoman Kristi Noem (SD)
Senator Marsha Blackburn (TN)
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (AZ)
Bob Corker (TN)
Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA)
HARDI Members Conquer Capitol Hill
HARDI Annual Congressional Fly-In Sees Record Attendance
HARDI Members Meet With Politicians on Capitol Hill to Discuss Important HVAC Legislation
U.S. Representative Visits HARDI Member, Connection Formed at Congressional Fly-In
Congressman Tonko Visits CES